For ABB, sustainability is about balancing economic success, environmental stewardship and social progress to benefit all our stakeholders.
Sustainability considerations cover how we design and manufacture products, what we offer customers, how we engage suppliers, how we assess risks and opportunities, and how we behave in the communities where we operate and towards one another, while striving to ensure the health, safety and security of our employees, contractors and others affected by our activities.
We report our sustainability performance according to the . Our self-declared level of application of the GRI Guidelines is B. The GRI indicator numbers are shown alongside each item and a table of covering the last three years is included. These indicators have been verified by the independent verification body Det Norske Veritas.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
- New Group sustainability strategy approved after largest-ever stakeholder consultation process
- Sustainability Governance Board established
- Target achieved to reduce annual energy consumption at main sites by 2.5 percent
- Further improvement in health and safety performance
- Global training programs in health and safety, security and human rights continued
- 19 awards worldwide received for environmental and social performance